Monday, May 05, 2008

Day in the Life of me...inspired by Crochet by Faye blog

I just got done reading the crochetbyfaye blog with her rendition of "a day in the life of me" post and since she invited her readers to do the same, I thought...well, what the heck! This is my boring day, since I don't have a lot to do on Mondays, but this will still be fun! it is!

5:15 am: First alarm goes off and I groan trying to get out of bed to shut it off. I think that maybe I should stay up since it took me 2 minutes to get up out of the bed (after working on our garden all day saturday I'm stiff and sore in lots of odd-ball places), but decide I'm too tired to get up now. I collapse back into bed.

5:45 am: Second alarm goes off. This is the get up and get up now alarm so that I don't have to be rushing around the house and still get my "me" time. Get up, painfully yet again, and stumble into the bathroom with my robe and towel. Drop those off in the bathroom and go get on of my cleaning clothes to "swish and swipe" my bathroom ala FLYlady. Realize yet again that my clock in the bedroom is off by ten minutes, so it's really only 5:35, now 5:40, when I get up. I ever going to get around to changing the time on my alarm. Decide no, cause I do too much in the morning to sleep and extra 10 minutes.

Jump into the nice warm shower and pray really hard that my muscles loosen up a smide, otherwise today is going to really suck as I move around. Good thing my butt stays firmly planted to my office chair the majority of the time.

6:00 am: Go into kitchen after my shower and put up last nights dishes, which I forgot to do last night. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. Start breakfast for me. I have natural peanut butter on wheat toast, a 12 oz glass of 2% milk, and a mug of hot jasmine tea.

I also stick my head in Alex's room to inform him its about 10 or 15 after if he wants to get up now! He groans and rolls over...ah, wonder where he get that from? LOL!!

6:30 am: Go back in and get alex up now. He's got the tv on cartoon network while reading an old value tale of mine. He seems to enjoy them. But then again, he's a bookaholic just like me and he NEEDED something to read and this was the best I could do for him. Any ten year old with a post high school reading level is certifiably a bookaholic. And these particular book do challenge him, not so much in the reading department but in the thinking department. Anything that challenges your thoughts are good! Also, I stare out the back window enjoying the nice look of our garden that we worked so hard on.

7:00 am: Time for Alex to wander in for a shower while I wander off to get dressed. I really should try to lay out my clothes before hand, but this time of year you never know what the temp will be...Saturday it was 60, today, 80. Yeesh!! We'll all be sick before long.

7:11 am: Remind my DH Mike to call the tattoo place about their hours, so Thursday we can go down and get my old funky ugly ass tattoo covered up. Go and comb out my hair from the attack of the tangles, and pick out clothing for the day. A comfy pair of khakis and a shirt. I choose to wear flats because, well, the back of my thighs HURT!! Yes, I'm whining I know, but I don't think I've worked this hard since I did tae kwon do!

7:30 am: I'm dressed, Alex is dressed, Mike is passed out on the couch. He got off from work a bit ago (7 am) and now he's snoring on the couch. He wakes up and asks me if I'll take Alex to school this morning. Not a problem!! I started my laundry with the eight hour delay, so it should get done right before I get off work. I think about taking my homework with me and laugh. I'd never get a chance to work on it at work, since I'm a day behind at my job as it is! Sign Alex's friday folder and realize I only have a week to find the child a costume for his history class. He's a civil war general and of course he's outgrown the only pair of navy pants he had. I'm thinking black will work and if I can find an old jacket somewhere...decide to worry about this later! Don't have time to now!

8:00 am: show up to work, talk about our respective weekends, get water, say hi to all I meet and settle down to work for the day.

10:10 am: Get a call from the medical clinic. "Hey, do you know what the code for "difficulty concentrating" is?" Look for a while before asking the other two coders in the office. Yeah, that didn't happen, so if anyone out there knows the code for that, let us know would ya? Four of us couldn't figure that one out! You would thing out of the thousands of ICD-9 codes there would be one for "difficulty concentrating"!

10:12 am: Go the bathroom, and realize how stiff I am from sitting all morning. Think about ice cream. Specifically, Haagan Das Vanilla Honey Bee. Yummy and it uses more honey than sugar in it, so that makes it just that much better for when I'm really craving some ice cream. Check out a coworkers online store and laugh at some of the pics of him. He's so goofy. But to plug his site, it's

10:40 am: Eat a snack of wasabi peas. Yummy!! Keep coding away.

12:08 pm: Learn a new word from Dr P. Always learning stuff from him! This time it is "anergy". I'm not telling what it is, you'll have to look it up yourself. I will tell you that it is in the same code with malaise and fatigue.

12:30 pm: Eat lunch, which just happens to be the same damn thing I had for supper last night!! Grrr. Listen to Lucy tell stories about her daughters prom this weekend. She's suffering from culture shock by living in the "big Fulton" after leaving St. Louis. Poor woman, she doesn't know what to think about this town!!

1:43 pm: Post-lunch snooze time. I forgot and ate sugar at lunch. Now I just want to curl up under my desk and sleep. *YAWN*

4:00 pm: Another half an hour to go. Not caught up yet, however I did start on the stack I should have gotten finish today. *sigh* ahh well, that after lunch slump did not help AT ALL!! I can't wait to get the heck out of here. Although, I have a lot to do when I get home!

4:40 pm: Get home, go downstairs to reboot the laundry, realize I left a load in the dryer all weekend, and start another load. Go back upstairs and fold laundry. Start thawing out supper (ham steaks with carrot and asparagus) and working on homework. Listen to Mike talk about how cold it is in our 73 degree house...think he's either crazy or getting sick. Not sure which. I'm going with "crazy" for now!

6:00 pm: Start supper for real now, while still trying to do homework. Mike is keeping Alex amused for me by playing video games with him (one of the few times I'm okay with video games...). The cats think that supper is for them. It's not...but they don't understand that at all apparently!

6:40 pm: Sit down to eat supper together while modern marvels is on in the background.

7:15 pm: Back to my stinking homework. I have too much to do this week and not enough time to do it in.

8:45 pm: Still working on homework, but it's about time to pull it in cause if I look at this stuff much longer I might just puke!

9:00 pm: Get Alex going on getting ready for bed. Go and tuck him in and talk for about 10 minutes or so. Mike's on floor sore, stiff and freezing. Literally shaking with the chills. Get his temp, he's at 100.9, although I think he did it under his arm pit, so add a degree to that. Tell him to take some benadryl for his sinus headache, which is probably a sinus infection (he doesn't drink enough water to keep the snot moving), but forget to tell him to take tylenol or something for his fever. By now its

10:00 pm: Turn on the news, like I could get away from it. Mike's got a journalism degree, so therefore he loves all things newswise. Groan...not my thing. LOL!! Tired of hearing about the body they found and about the accident that killed a lady form town. Just ready for bed.

10:40 pm: Bed time!! Mike is already out cold and I'm ready to be that way myself. I put on my Burt's Bees lip balm (original) and some Burt's miracle salve on my hands, lean over sleeping beauty to turn off the light and go to bed. I use my regular meditation to fall asleep, even though I don't mean to...

11:50 pm: OUCH!! I just got smacked in the face by a very heavy, very *ewwww* sweaty arm. Mike's not sleeping well and is tossing and turning, and apparently breaking his fever, cause he is really, really, really sweaty!! GROSS!! Ah well, such is life and besides, he's slept next to me when I've been sick like that. I get him to roll over back onto his side of the bed, I roll back over and go back to sleep, grateful that it is not even midnight yet.


My basic day by day activities. Pretty boring, eh? Hmm, just a tad bit I suppose. I hope it was somewhat amusing for you guys! Just be grateful I left out the other boring household activities like washing dishes, picking up the house and putting stuff away, etc. Hotspot fire drills ya know! Gotta keep the shiny sink! Work, work, work!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I do flylady routines too so I had to smile at that last comment!