Sunday, January 18, 2009

Daytrip!!

Since having time to post for the next 16 weeks is going to be limited thanks to school, here's my post for the week:

After a few very unpleasant days of frigid temps, we had a very wonderful opportunity to get out into the mid 40's day and go somewhere.  We decided on Hermann, MO, land of the grapes and wines! Yummy!  

A slideshow of our trip to Hermann.



 Please note the MO river that is teeming with ice floes.  Wonderful weather.  Too bad the pics don't give you any idea of how quickly the river was moving that day.  Also, there are pics of the wines we, ok, I (since I'm the only one in this house that drinks) bought yesterday.

 We stopped at the Hermannhof winery and ate a lunch there of meat, cheese, bread, apple, true german potato salad, wine for me and juice for hubby.  It was a wonderful date and day spent with Mike.  I hope we get to do this again soon.

No comments: