Thursday, April 10, 2008
Pattern from http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=0
I must have pulled this thing apart 5 or 6 times before getting it right. I wasn’t that it was difficult, but that I was sidetracked during the making of the hat, while at MOGA.
I had to frog it because I realized that I had done fpdc on dc that didn’t need them, then I realized I hadn’t been doing the join right, then I somehow or another got an extra five stitches on the hat once I got to the 75 stitches…yeah right, try eighty!! GRRRRR!!
Ah, well, once I got home it went really quickly and I was able to finish it two days after getting home and having to frog it once again…lesson for the weekend was: don’t try to do crochet while at a function with lots of other people who want your undivided attention.
There are a couple of things I will change when or if I use this pattern for myself:
1: I’d change the hook size to an I or max a J, not the K hook that is on the pattern. It turned out way too big using that, so large, in fact, that I couldn’t even put all of the brim round on there…i only put 2 of the four fpdc/bpdc rounds.
2: I will pay attention to my pattern. Repeat after me: I will pay attention to my pattern!
3: I will pay attention to my tension…really! While you can’t tell when wearing it, you can tell when it’s sitting. I’ll do much better next time.
Overall, I love the pattern, and got good feedback on it from the person that I made it for…sortof. I was asked by someone else to make it for nursegirl and he was THRILLED! Which, in turn, makes me happy!